- Never put your wooden ware in the dishwasher.
- Wash them in the sink with warm soapy water, but do not let them soak. Rinse and dry.
- In the case of cutting and cheese boards sometimes all that's needed is a damp sponge to wipe off crumbs.
- Occasionally apply oil to the pieces if you notice them looking dry. (walnut oil, flax seed oil, or olive oil)
- If over time the grain begins to lift or appear "fuzzy" use a very fine sandpaper or ultra-fine nylon scrubbing pad to smooth and apply oil.
With care these carved wooden items will last a lifetime and be family heirlooms.
Ray Medeiros, Jr., Spoon Carver
Why a Spoon?